Monday 1 December 2014

PRODUCTION: Progress Review Blog


Throughout the research, planning and construction stages I believe I had done more blog posts on a specific stage rather than than another. I spent a lot of time researching about music videos and how they link to genres as I really wanted to be prepared when it came to planning. I was glad I did so much research as it was easy to plan the music video as we identified our genre and related to the research.

I did a lot of planning. When doing our pitch blogs, it really made me think about the music video. While doing the pitch blogs I started to think deeper about the audience, concept and the image of our artist and as I was blogging I really started to notice how the research stage was being incorporated into the planning stage. It made things much easier but was kind of tricky as the pitches had to be in detail. Overall the planning section has been successful when it came analysing digipaks and posting the analysis of the original music video.

Construction was tiring process, trying to get the right shots and making it the best it can be so resilience is key. There were times where we gave up as we thought we weren't going to get anywhere however with teamwork we have a really good music video.  During the process patience has definitely been something I have improved on. Without it, it can get very frustrating. Since everyone wants different shots and is suggesting ideas left right and centre it can be hard to concentrate and agree on a certain shot or scene so another skill I have developed is communication. listening and the talking, this makes everything easier as were taking ideas from everyone and hearing them instead of just giving a suggestion which can through us off what we really need  to finish editing. Time management was key especially to keep up with deadlines. Staying behind after lesson or coming in at lunch time helped do the little touches here and there that needed more attention than others and then when it came to the lesson we could concentrate on the bigger things.

Personally with my individual posts, I couldn't be happier. Individually I have 13 blogs which is good considering there are 32 individual blogs so far. I've been trying to do extra blogs however I stopped at some points as teachers were saying that there was a certain limit to how many blogs there were and I feel as if I'm going to pass that limit considering I still have about 20 ancillary products blogs to complete in the coming weeks. In reflection to the targets I have set I really believe I'm on target to achieving my desired mark of 18/20. Technology wise I'm okay but I really want to start vlogging as this is a technology I have yet to attempt but other wise I just need to keep blogging and coming up with new ideas to present my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment