Sunday 19 October 2014

PRODUCTION: Skills Development


Compared to last years planning for my film intro I definitely believe that planning for my music video was much harder since me and the group had so many ideas some similar some different that it was hard to pick even when it came to the song choice. Looking back at last year I told myself as I start this coursework I would look back and do things differently since I knew what things I would have to do differently and planning was one. For example no last minute changes, no leaving it till last minute and not thinking really clearly about mis-en-scene including costume and props. Last year I didn't really know how to gather my thoughts onto the screen mostly because I was the only girl in the group so t was a little harder to gt my thoughts considered but this time communication has been key. My group listen to each other and we all try to take each other into consideration.

For the music video especially when it came to planning the costumes, settings and location it was really hard. We made decisions and compared to last year thee decisions were much more thought out and not just something you'd wear everyday. Costume really counts especially for pop videos as its conventional but it livens the music video as a whole. Because we knew from the start we were doing an outdoor pop song the settings and locations were crucial. we decided each of our locations would have its own element including balloons and smoke bombs. There are so many locations in London is hard to pick the specific ones so we wrote our ideas and from that we narrowed it down some locations we knew we had to ask permission and we may not have been able to shoot there so we were very organised in finding a replacement. Compared to last year where we weren't as organised and we found ourselves in a tricky situations which lead us to having fewer film footage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment