Tuesday 30 September 2014

RESEARCH: Music videos that I particularly like:

There are several music videos that I personally like, for a variety of reasons.




Little Mix- Wings:

I like the music video mostly because of the graphics used. For each singer there is a different theme behind it which illustrates their personality. The colours used are bright and bold, which stands out as it's eye catching. I also like the camera work used and the camera movement; the effects used such as the 'earthquake thudder' works really well with the dance moves, it's like the viwers can experience it firsthand because the cinematography takes you through a journey.




Beyonce- Pretty Hurts:

I particularly like this music video because the video itself illustrates the lyrics. Because of the variety of shots and costume changes and locations, you never get bored of watching it. The lyrics conveys a message and that is illustrated throughout the music video.




Coldplay: Paradise

I like this music video because of the vivid colours. This is a disjunctured music video, its not really related to the lyrics.





Wilkinson- Afterglow:

I really like this video as it's really creative. It looked like it took a long time to make; find the right shots etc. Everything looked as if it was played out, every shot, ever subtitle. I liked the way the story was told throughout the music video, it was put together really creatively. 


Rihanna- rude boy:

This music video looks really good visually, the colours and imagery captures your attention. I liked the use of graphics, a lot of time has been put into this. The different costume changes and sets make it look visually exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment